Data Theorem’s Board of Advisors provides strategic guidance on business decisions, product strategies, and research topics. Our advisors include the following people:
- Brad Arkin : Brad Arkin is Vice President and Chief Security Officer for Adobe. As CSO, Arkin has ultimate responsibility for all security-related decisions and investments across the company. Arkin leads the teams responsible for the security of Adobe’s infrastructure, products and services, as well as teams dedicated to security incident response and communication, including Adobe Secure Software Engineering Team (ASSET), Product Security Information Response Team (PSIRT), Security Coordination Center (SCC) and Engineering Infrastructure Security team. He also oversees the Corporate Standards Group responsible for coordinating Adobe’s involvement with standards bodies, as well as the open source and accessibility teams.
- Dan Boneh : Dr. Boneh is a Professor of Computer Science at Stanford University where he heads the applied cryptography group. Dr. Boneh’s research focuses on applications of cryptography to computer security. His work includes cryptosystems with novel properties, security for mobile devices, web security, and cryptanalysis. He is the author of over a hundred publications in the field and is a recipient of the Godel prize, the Packard Award, the Alfred P. Sloan Award, the RSA award in mathematics and five best paper awards. In 2011 Dr. Boneh received the Ishii award for industry education innovation.
- Jason Chan : Jason Chan is an Engineering Director at Netflix, Inc. His team is in charge of application, infrastructure, and operational security for the Netflix streaming video service. Prior to Netflix, Jason led the information security team at VMware, focusing on several things including Cloud security and scalability. Jason’s early security career was spent in research firms such as @stake, Inc. and iSEC Partners, where he worked with Fortune 500 clients.
- Dan Kaufman : Dan Kaufman heads the information security monitoring team for Microsoft Corporation. His team includes the Security Operations Center, Incident Response, and platform support for security monitoring and analytics. Before joining Microsoft, Dan was Managing Director of Information Security for Charles Schwab & Co. Dan is also a member of the HP Security Software customer advisory board.
- Dug Song : Dug is the CEO & Founder of Duo Security, a hosted two-factor authentication service. Dug has a history of leading successful products and companies to solve pressing security problems. Dug spent 7 years as founding Chief Security Architect at Arbor Networks, protecting 80% of the world’s Internet service providers, and growing to $120M+ annual revenue before its acquisition by Danaher. Before Arbor, Dug built the first commercial network anomaly detection system (acquired by NFR / Check Point), and managed security in the world’s largest production Kerberos environment (University of Michigan). Dug’s contributions to the security community include popular open source security (OpenSSH, libdnet, dsniff), distributed filesystem (NFSv4), and operating system (OpenBSD) projects, and co-founding the USENIX Workshop On Offensive Technologies (WOOT).