Download "How to Respond to the 2023 Cyberthreat Landscape" Report To Read API Security Recommendations
According to Gartner, in the section called "API Abuse" on pages 19-21, you will gain a deeper understanding on the following insights:
- API traffic increases faster than what most security teams can handle.
- API exploits are widely available and impacts on enterprises are growing.
- Discovering APIs (1st & 3rd-party) in your software supply chain.
- Mix of discovery techniques necessary to uncover APIs from dev to prod.
- Need for security posture management of your API attack surfaces.
- Categorize and triage APIs based on business criticality, exposure, and sensitivity of the data.
*Gartner, How to Respond to the 2023 Cyberthreat Landscape, 11 April 2023, Jeremy D'Hoinne, John Watts, Paul Furtado, Evgeny Mirolyubov, Ravisha Chugh, Akif Khan, Dionisio Zumerle, Katell Thielemann, Wam Voster, Andrew Walls, Deepti Gopal, Avivah Litan, Charlie Winckless, James Hoover, Nahim Fazal, Ant Allan, Pete Shoard
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Data Theorem.